- The bran of wheat diffused through boiling water is used by calico printers.
- A handful mixed in warm water forms an excellent emollient to the feet when bathed in it.
- It is good for the skin if added to a bath.
- Infused in hot water and properly sweetened, it forms a popular demulcent much used in coughs and colds.
- It makes an excellent poultice for many troubles.
- It is a capital manure, and especially adapted as a dressing for potatoes because it contains so much ammonia and magnesium phosphates.
- It is one of the best foods for cattle.
Clearly, bran is one of the most useful products known to man!